Happy New Year!
Sorry for missing our first class together after the Winter Break. Unfortunately, I am celebrating the New Year with the stomach flu. I would MUCH rather be in class.
Here is what I would like you to accomplish today.
Task #1: Learning Attitudes
The substitute will hand out the Learning Attitudes Criteria. You may or may not have seen these in other classes. On the report card, you will receive scores for each criteria for Social Studies 10, and you will also receive feedback on these Learning Attitudes Criteria – for each class.
These criteria were finalized very recently, and they will appear on your Semester 1 report card. I want you to read the descriptors for the three criteria of Learning Attitudes. I want you to decide where you think you belong at each level. On the Learning Attitudes:
1. Write your name
2. Circle the descriptors that best match your Learning Attitudes. Do not highlight, as it won’t show up when I copy it.
3. On the back of the sheet, choose the best fit level for each criteria. For example, You may think that based on your highlights that you are a Proficient in Collaboration, Advanced in Independence and Initiative, and Basic in Organization.
4. Then I want you to clearly give 1-2 pieces of evidence from your behavior or work that would support your best fit.
5. Finally, I want you to make one goal for each Learning Attitudes Criteria that you will achieve next Semester. You will have three goals in total: one for Collaboration, one for Independence and Initiative and one for Organization.
There are two key elements to do this well:
1. You must read through the descriptors carefully and truly understand them. If I was there today we spend lots of time on this. Please feel free to discuss them as a group. Also, please feel free to gmail chat with me to clarify anything that is confusing.
2. You must clearly organize the information on the back of the Learning Attitudes sheet so that the Best Fit, Evidence and Goal for each Learning Attitudes Criteria is clear. This will help me understand your thoughts, and it will help you achieve your goal next semester.
Turn the Learning Attitudes Criteria back into the sub. I will make copies of it for my documentation, and then I will return them to you.
Task #2 Review of Macro
To bring us back to Macroeconomics, I wanted to review somethings that we talked about before Winter Break.
In a blog post called, Macroeconomics Review:
1. Write down indicators for MEDCs and LEDCs.
2. Write down three pieces of information from Hans Rosling’s video that describes the global distribution of the wealth. The video is linked to the blog post prior to this one.
3. Summarize the presentation of the MEDC group that went just before break. What was their original assertion? What did the data actually show? What does this mean for those countries and for using their data?
I will hopefully see you tomorrow.